People's Farmers' Market
YEAR-ROUND, every Wednesday 2-7pm
Oh the seasons, they are a-changin'...
Me though, I'm slow to change. Some might even say resistant. So I'll just say one last thing about summer then let it go: eggplant.
It's still here. So are peppers. Fall may be here, but there's still time for summer flavors.
- Kilikina's Chocolat is BACK, and ready to serve you delicious, handcrafted, organic chocolates.
- Ammie's Goodies is on vacation this week. Stop by Pie to the People if you need a sweet.
- Home Grown Food Products will be here this week, selling their locally-grown, small-batch fermented foods. Stop by for a taste.
- Did you miss Lonesome Whistle last week? They're back after a much-needed week off. Check out their locally-grown, freshly-milled grains and heirloom corn products.
KNIFE SHARPENING! Maybe your tools are a little dull from a longer summer of gardening. Or perhaps you'd like to give your knives a little TLC before winter squashes and root veggies take over your kitchen. Stop by Dragonfly Forge this week and let a real live swordsmith work his magic on your dull blades.
Market Merch -- NEXT WEEK! We'll have fresh, new, limited-edition T-shirts celebrating 20 Years of the People's Farmers' Market. 100% of profits will go to fund our SNAP Matching Program. Pick one up at the info booth while they last!
Music at the Market Singer-songwriter Jesse Paradox will be here this week from 5-6, playing a blend of alt, indie, and psych-folk tunes. Stop by the music booth to check him out or buy a CD.
Interested in playing at the market? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for booking information.
Seed Swap Continues! Just because it's harvest season doesn't mean you can't think about next year's planting. Bring down your unused seeds to the Info Booth, or stop by to take some new seeds home!
Debit/Credit and EBT at the Market Use your debit, credit or EBTcard at the market! No more waiting in line in the co-op for cash! Want to use your card, have questions or just curious? Head to the info booth and we’ll tell you all about it.
SNAP Matching Program continues...with your help!
Since August 2013, People's has been providing EBT customers with up to $5 in matching tokens every week for use at the Farmers' Market. Funding is confirmed for 2014, but in order to help us keep this program going we are asking for your help. If you'd like to know more about the program or how you can make a donation, stop by the info booth.
who's here this week
* indicates Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth or WSDA
Prepared Foods and Other Services
what's fresh this week