Donation Guidelines and Request Form
People's Food Co-op's Community Donations Program: Tips, Guidelines and Request Form
People's Food Co-op is proud to be able to give back to the community that supports us through our Community Donations Program!
Every month we make funds available for non-profits, school and school groups, and other organizations and special projects that are in alignment with our values and Ends.
Donation requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended to submit your request as soon as you are aware of a need due to having a limited monthly budget allocated for community donations. We require a four-week minimum to process your request.
Donations are given primarily through gift cards to be used to purchase items in the store or used towards raffles and auctions. Auction or raffle gift cards will also include a tote bag and other store merchandise. On specific request, we will consider donations of food at cost for larger events.
You can expect to hear a response from us within 14 business days.
We encourage any local organization serving the community to approach us for a donation. The Co-op seeks to contribute to our community and expose our business to a wide variety of shoppers. We are interested in donating small gift certificates to organizations that work to enrich the community in which we exist and to which we contribute. The Marketing and Membership Manager currently coordinates donations for the Co-op.
Please review the following information before completing your People's Food Co-op donation request form.
1. All requests must be mailed, dropped off at the store or completed on-line.
2. Requests must be submitted using the donation request form.
3. The application must be received at least four weeks before the event date in order to be considered. All applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to limited donation budget, early submission of your application is recommended.
4. Requests from the following organizations will hold priority:
*Organizations defined as nonprofit under 501-C(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
* Public agencies
* Schools and PTAs
* Events, programs and projects that focus on improving the quality of life of a community, particularly as it relates to health, nutrition, education and environmental preservation.
5. Past support of an organization or event is not a guarantee of future support.
6. Please plan on following up your request by emailing Jenna Chen, here.
To request a donation, please complete the Donation Request Form (below), answering each question with as much detailed information as possible.
Thank you! You will hear from us soon!
People’s Food Co-op
Thank you! You will hear from us soon! Please note, that Donations Requests are reviewed and fulfilled on a bi-weekly basis.
People’s Food Co-op